I Want the Jaime David Music Blog to Get Out There

 I’ve been thinking about something lately: I really want the Jaime David Music Blog to get out there.

Not just exist.

Not just sit on the internet with a few posts that I occasionally add to.

I actually want people to find it.

That might sound like an obvious thing for someone running a music blog to say, but for me, there’s something bigger behind it. The Jaime David music project has become something that I genuinely care about. I’m not just making a couple of songs and throwing them online. I’m experimenting, writing, recording, creating strange instrumental pieces, working with AI, playing instruments, making sounds in Audacity, and figuring out what kind of musician I want to be.

And I want somewhere to document all of that.

That’s what the Jaime David Music Blog is for.

I want it to become a place where people can follow the journey rather than only seeing the finished product. Because there is a lot that happens before a song becomes a song that somebody else gets to hear.

Sometimes I’m sitting there experimenting with an instrument.

Sometimes I’m recording something completely unconventional.

Sometimes I’m making music out of sounds that probably weren't originally intended to be musical.

Sometimes I’m writing lyrics and then figuring out how those lyrics should actually be performed.

Sometimes I’m using AI as a performer for something I wrote because the song calls for a vocal range or performance that I personally can't provide.

Sometimes I’m making something that sounds completely ridiculous.

And sometimes I accidentally make something I really like.

I want the blog to capture all of that.

I also want people to discover the music itself. The blog isn't separate from the music project. They're connected. The songs are the music, while the blog is where I can talk about the ideas, experiments, stories, and experiences behind them.

I don't expect everybody who finds the blog to suddenly become a fan. That's not realistic. Not everybody is going to like experimental music. Not everybody is going to like AI-assisted music. Not everybody is going to like my songwriting. Not everybody is going to like the weird combinations of genres and sounds that I sometimes come up with.

And that's okay.

I don't need everybody.

I just want the people who do connect with it to have a way to find it.

That's why I've been thinking more about things like RSS feeds and ways of making the blog easier to follow. I recently created a FeedBurner feed for the Jaime David Music Blog so that people who use RSS can subscribe and keep up with new posts.

You can check it out here:

Jaime David Music Blog FeedBurner Feed

I'm also interested in getting the blog connected to more places where people might discover it. Social media, content platforms, search engines, RSS readers, and other corners of the internet all provide different ways for someone to stumble across something they wouldn't have otherwise known existed.

Because that's ultimately what I want.

I want somebody somewhere to stumble across a Jaime David song or blog post and think, "What the hell is this?"

And then maybe they listen.

Maybe they read another post.

Maybe they find another song.

Maybe they disagree with something I said.

Maybe they love something I made.

Maybe they think one of my experiments is completely insane.

Honestly, any of those outcomes are better than nobody ever finding it.

I've never really been interested in creating things just to put them in a drawer.

When I write something, I want it to exist.

When I make a song, I want somebody to have the opportunity to hear it.

When I write about the process, I want somebody to have the opportunity to read it.

And when I put an idea out into the world, I want to give it the chance to reach somebody who might actually need to encounter it.

That's especially important to me because a lot of what I create has meaning behind it. My music isn't always just about making something that sounds good. Sometimes there is a message. Sometimes there is an idea. Sometimes there is frustration. Sometimes there is humor. Sometimes there is compassion. Sometimes there is anger. Sometimes there is an entire philosophical idea hiding underneath a song.

That's part of why I want the blog to grow.

I want the blog to become a record of this whole period of my life where I decided, "You know what? I'm going to make music."

I didn't start out as some established professional musician with a studio, a record deal, years of formal production experience, and a huge audience waiting for my next release.

I'm figuring this out as I go.

And honestly, that's one of the most interesting parts of the story.

I'm learning what works.

I'm learning what doesn't.

I'm learning how to record.

I'm learning how to mix.

I'm learning how different instruments sound.

I'm learning how to turn weird sounds into actual musical ideas.

I'm learning how to work with AI.

I'm learning how to release music.

I'm learning how to promote it.

And I'm learning how to build an audience from essentially the ground up.

The Jaime David Music Blog is part of that process.

So yes, I want it to get out there.

I want more people to know it exists.

I want more people to discover the songs.

I want more people to read the stories.

I want more people to follow the experiments.

I want more people to see what happens when someone decides that they don't necessarily have to follow the traditional rules of how music is supposed to be made.

And maybe that's the most important part.

I'm not trying to pretend that I'm something I'm not.

I'm Jaime David.

I'm making music.

I'm experimenting.

I'm writing.

I'm learning.

I'm creating.

And I'm putting it out into the world.

Now I just have to help the world find it.

So if you've stumbled across this blog, welcome.

If you've been following along for a while, thank you.

And if you want to help this little music project get out there, share a post, share a song, tell somebody about it, subscribe to the RSS feed, or simply keep coming back.

Every person who discovers this project is one more person who gets to see where this weird musical experiment goes.

And I have a feeling I'm only getting started.

Jaime David Music is here. Now let's see how far it can go.

Comments

Popular posts

Why We Are Augustines Remain Underrated: Book of James, the Rockaways, and Indie-Folk Storytelling

Swing Meets Samba: A Pagode Fusion Cover of “The Girl from Ipanema”

Jessie J’s “Price Tag”: Why It Still Hits Different in 2025